Thursday, December 19, 2013




The cup was my favorite project because  I have found it the most useful. I put my pencils and pens in it. Also, I put my name on it which I like. I used a slab technique and I have used this technique on my previous project which a box and a cake. I did glaze it and I used blue yonder for the interior and sour apple for the exterior and glo yellow for the letters and handle. I felt happy that it turned out so good and it was a success.
This fruit goblet helped me improve most as an artist. The technique that I used was pinch pots.  I did know the technique before I made it on  a previous project.  Making pinch pots was fun and it helped me to improve on making a shape of something such as a piece of fruit. I got the shape that I wanted, but I could improve on my glazing. I made a strawberry, lemon, and apple. Also, I made a watermelon bowl and a few grapes and orange slice for the base.   
Displaying image.jpg
This vase was my biggest challenge. It was the first project that I made and the technique that I used was coils. The coils would always fall apart and the solution was to smooth out the back. I chose to to smooth out the back because it would stick together and I also did slipping and scoring which helped out with making it all stick together with other parts after I started to use it that solution. It was a challenge because it fell apart and it turned out crooked. The thing that I would do differently is do more slipping and scoring  and level it out. I felt that I could have done better and it was a success except that it was crooked.
Displaying image.jpg
This funny monster reflects me as an artist because I like funny things and can be funny sometimes. Its not really personal it just reflect my personality. The artwork is about a huge and small silly monster goblet that I made using pinch pots. The artwork expresses that I can be funny and make people laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment